Trustee with designation as Treasurer for PHASE Worldwide
Job Title: Trustee with designation as Treasurer
Responsible to: Chair of Trustees
Hours: Flexible (see details below)
Contract: A trustee term is 3 years
Location: We are based in South Yorkshire but have Trustees all over the world.
PHASE Worldwide is a UK registered charity that supports empowerment of people and communities, whoever and everywhere they are in the world. We do this by supporting integrated and sustainable programmes to create opportunities for empowerment.
Currently, much of our work is in Nepal, where poor health, low levels of education and few livelihood opportunities trap people within a cycle of poverty and prevents communities from taking control of their lives. We are looking to expand our work achieving empowerment in communities across the world. In the UK we have a new partnership with Cine Schools, working with young people in receipt of pupil premium to achieve self-empowerment.
As well as the general charity governance responsibilities for all Trustees, the Trustee Treasurer has specific responsibilities to oversee the monitoring of the charity’s finances and budgeting on behalf of the whole Board of Trustees and to report quarterly to the Board. They also ensure that end-of-year financial tasks are completed for our Annual Report and Accounts.
Operational responsibilities are carried out by our Director and Director’s PA who liaises closely with our Treasurer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Keep all trustees well informed about the state of the charity’s finances
• Ensure financial reports to the trustees are clear and properly discussed
• Ensure accounts and other financial reports are produced in the correct form and on time as required by the Charity Commission and independent examiners
• Monitor the overarching strategic management of the charity’s financial resources
• Keep the Board informed of the reserves position regularly and providing advice to adapt to changing circumstances
• Chair our Finance and Risk Working Group which oversees the charity’s financial risk management process and reviews our financial health to enable regular reports to our Board
• Attend four Trustee meetings a year (each lasting up to 2.5hrs) and four online working group meeting (Finance and Risk) meetings a year (each lasting up to 2 hours)
Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified Accountant or a part qualified finance professional.
- Experience of financial management in an SME or charity.
- Empathy for PHASE Worldwide vision mission and values.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work successfully with others across the organization to achieve objectives.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Lives in or within easy reach of Sheffield / Rotherham – desirable not essential as meeting are always conducted with an online element.
- Understanding of safeguarding
Our Commitment to You
We offer a talented and passionate team of staff and trustees working closely together – all hugely committed to empowerment of people in Nepal and across the World.
You are welcome to come get in touch to have a chat with the Director Lyndsey McLellan. Lyndsey@phaseworldwide.org.
Please note, PHASE Worldwide has a safeguarding policy in place to protect vulnerable persons and this will be referenced during the recruitment process. The successful applicant will be required to provide two written references before being appointed in accordance with the terms of the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
PHASE Worldwide promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. We want a diverse organisation where all members of the community are represented and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
To apply for the role, or to arrange an informal chat about the opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and brief cover letter (1 page) to Lyndsey McLellan, Director of PHASE Worldwide, firstname.lastname@example.org.