About the role
We are seeking a Project Executive to join our Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Division, whose current portfolio of projects includes strategic evaluations for the World Food Programme, UNICEF, the EU and other donors and multilateral organisations. We also deliver long-term technical support contracts, which provide services ranging from methodological and capacity building support on evaluation practice to external, third party monitoring of donor portfolios. Our MEL contracts require both desk and field-based activities. We work in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
In this busy and varied role, the Project Executive will be involved in both project management and business development, with a primary focus on the management of our long-term contracts, particularly those relating to Third Party Monitoring and related technical support in monitoring and evaluation. As a secondary focus, the role will include preparation of technical and financial proposals and management of specific evaluation contracts (such as those listed above).
Duties and responsibilities
The specific tasks of the role are to:
- Work with consultants, clients, beneficiaries and donors for the successful execution of contracts.
- Support the delivery of long and short-term contracts and key technical deliverables, including progress reports and evaluation outputs.
- Meet agreed financial targets and ensure compliance with administrative and financial regulations and reporting requirements of clients.
- Source expertise and provide day-to-day contractual, financial and logistical support to experts.
- Identify and liaise with consultants and business partners on the development of evaluation and other MEL-related tenders.
- Lead on, and support in the preparation of tenders for commercially viable project opportunities, including administrative, technical and financial content.
- Proactively identify, track and follow up on new business opportunities.
- Position the company for future work through networking with donors, consultants and partners, with country visits and client contact.
In doing the above, you will be expected to contribute positively to the company’s profitable portfolio of work and its reputation for successful project acquisition and implementation. You will work within a team of seven staff, including Project Executives and MEL Specialists. You will report to the Manager of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Division.