Project Executive (junior – mid level)
About the role
We are seeking to recruit a junior to mid-level Project Executive to assist in managing our portfolio of communications projects. These projects encompass a range of communications activities including strategy design and development, media relations, development of branded materials for print and web, social media management and event organisation.
This is an exciting and varied position, encompassing both project management and creative communications. We work with donor organisations such as the European Commission and UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and it is anticipated that the role may also include opportunities for international travel. We currently manage communication and visibility projects based in Cambodia, the ASEAN region, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Jamaica.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be an organised and motivated team player with a keen interest in both international development and communications. Their responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with project teams to coordinate activities
- Reviewing communications materials
- Preparing contracts and reports
- Providing administrative support on projects and bids
- Helping prepare proposals for new projects
- Assisting with consultant recruitment
- Sourcing costs from and liaising with external suppliers – for example printers, web developers and photographers
- Researching upcoming business development opportunities
The post holder will also be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by the Division Manager.