Growth & Development Manager
- Location: Flexible on UK location with travel to Bristol office when required
- Full time, permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Growth & Development Manager to join our team and cover a full spectrum of sustainable fundraising and resource development duties. This is a role that will require you both to think strategically and to roll up your sleeves and work operationally.
The postholder will research and identify potential new funders and clients; scope, draft and submit grant and consultancy/commercial applications; and provide compliance, procurement and administrative assistance during final funding negotiations. They will also support ongoing relationships and work with programme teams to ensure that progress reports meet donor needs.
- Research the global funding market, identifying new funding opportunities and potential calls for proposals for programme areas.
- Review, analyse and collate relevant information and news on donors, funding opportunities and changes in approaches to philanthropy for internal dissemination across Development Initiatives’ locations.
- Oversee research on compliance requirements for all donor accounts in the organisation. During early intelligence gathering for new projects, ensure we are developing our understanding on compliance requirements for new donors.
- Develop a new compliance and donor reporting process, so that we are continuing to build on our compliance processes to ensure we are well placed to receive larger grants and commercial contracts. This will include ensuring that we have more efficient and effective approaches to contract and agreement negotiation and management.
- Work to develop and lead programme fundraising and engagement plans to maintain and grow existing donor relationships, leverage engagement activities for relationship building, and deliver new funding streams.
- Assist colleagues within the team, and across the organisation, with compliance and due diligence assessments.
The ideal candidate will need a minimum of five years’ experience of developing high quality and successful fundraising proposals, along with demonstrable experience in researching funding sources aligned with organisation strategy and funder criteria. In addition, we require the candidate to have three years’ experience of contract management and compliance.
We are looking for someone who has international development or third sector experience, plus excellent networking and negotiating skills. The postholder will also have knowledge of statutory, trust and institutional fundraising, including research sources and funding criteria. If relevant, applications should mention any experience of fundraising for non-UK projects and offices, US philanthropic foundations and/or experience of working with the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
The successful candidate will act as focal point for commercial and grant compliance and donor reporting, as well as support our colleagues to complete assessments on compliance and risk, and moreover deliver on due diligence exercises for donors and partners. Given this, we are looking for someone with excellent communication and people skills, and the ability to build strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack and apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to our online application portal.
Early applications are highly encouraged: we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive, and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.