Temwa works in remote, rural areas in northern Malawi where 40% of people live on less than £1 a day, 16% are HIV positive and a third do not have enough food on a daily basis.
- Train villagers in the importance of good nutrition and sustainable farming techniques.
- Plant trees to combat the effects of deforestation.
- Run mobile HIV testing clinics and establish HIV support groups.
- Promote literacy skills to young children and fund students through secondary school.
- Give microfinance loans to budding entrepreneurs.
Our work supports some of the most
vulnerable households in the region such as those which are headed by a
female or child, are hosting one or more orphans or where someone is HIV