Project Support Officer, Malawi
Responsible to: Malawi Deputy Country Director (Programmes)
Base: Lilongwe, Malawi
Contract type: 2 year fixed term contract, full time
Salary: £5,000 pa with comprehensive benefits package
Aim of post:
The purpose of this post is to support the Deputy Country Director (Programmes) in reporting to donors, sharing and promoting project impacts, identifying funding opportunities and supporting the development of grant applications, and communicating effectively with partners and other stakeholders. The post holder will liaise with other United Purpose (UP) country programmes/offices and the UK Office to ensure effective communication. They will support the Malawi UP team to ensure that the Malawi programme is sector leaders, adequately funded and positive donor and government relations are maintained.
• To ensure timely reporting and communication on donor contracts and internal monthly reporting within UP;
• To support significant institutional and non-institutional proposal development, background research, coordination and draft writing;
• To lead on building an institutional real-time knowledge of donors and various funding opportunities relevant to the needs of the programme;
• To work with the programme teams to improve quality assurance through improved monitoring and evaluation, documentation of lessons learned, best practices and case studies;
• To work with project managers, partners and the finance manager in preparing and submitting proposals in line with the specific funding strategies;
• To contribute to improving appropriate programme visibility, innovations and impact (including collecting communication materials and compiling case studies);
• Co-ordinate and maintain the monthly Project Status Summary Report and Project Summaries for HQ.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please send your CV, our Equal Opportunities form (voluntary) and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 March 2019.
United Purpose has a Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, which reflects our commitment to protecting the people with whom we work. All candidates will be expected to comply with this policy and its procedures.
Apply for position