United Purpose is seeking expressions of interest for an upcoming project manager position in Cameroon.
Subject to award of contract
Project Manager – Humanitarian Specialist
The project component aims to provide support to people who have been displaced as a result of conflict in the Anglophone region of Cameroon. The project will deliver humanitarian aid (food, NFIs and sanitation and hygiene kits) to internally displaced people, as well as build the capacity of local implementing partners in the North West to carry out needs assessments, nutrition screening and comply with humanitarian principles.
The project manager will work as a part of a team in close collaboration with the lead agency ECHO, consortium partners and implementing partners, and will coordinate the roles designed for United Purpose.
• Strong experience designing, implementing and monitoring humanitarian projects
• Strong leadership and team building skills
• Sensitivity to gender issues and women and girls empowerment and protection
• Experience in project management or equivalent
• Experience in working with local CSOs and organisations in rural areas
• Familiarity with the Anglophone crisis in North West Cameroon
• Experience delivering humanitarian and or development aid in areas of conflict, violence and socio-political unrest
• Track record in implementation directly or through partners of humanitarian principles and do no harm approach
• Experience with donor and government representation and negotiation
• Fluency in English
• Experience in EU projects and financial procedures
• Experience in Cameroon
• Strong working knowledge of development actors and organisations in North West Cameroon
• Strong understanding of safeguarding issues in conflict context
• Ability to speak French
The position is based in Yaoundé or Douala with frequent travel to North West Cameroon.
Must be available to start work at very short notice in November or December 2018.
Contract duration: Fixed term until March 2019.
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining clearly 1) how you meet the requirements, 2) what other areas of advantage you bring and 3) why you are passionate about this opportunity 4) 2 referees who we may contact after confirmation from you.
Deadline: Tuesday 20th November, 2018
Apply for position