We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised individual wanting to gain experience in the NGO world and the climate sector. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team working with indigenous peoples and local communities to ensure rainforests remain a powerful force against climate change.
Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, you will be responsible for providing administrative and research support to an expanding and dynamic Cool Earth programme team. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and will be comfortable working across a range of different projects and departments. As a strong team player, you will help the team function effectively by ensuring internal communications run smoothly and tasks are appropriately distributed and completed.
This role is a short-term 6-month position from the soonest possible start date, with remote working considered.
Executive assistant and team support
• Providing high quality and efficient administrative support to the Senior Programme
Manager and other relevant programme managers.
• Support team meetings (i.e., diary management, circulating agendas and prematerials and writing minutes as needed).
• Ensure new documents are appropriately shared with relevant people in the
organisation, stored and archived on the document management system (Dropbox).
• Ad hoc administrative support (travel arrangements, conference planning, supporting
recruitment processes for the Programmes team, workshop planning).
• Provide administrative and coordination support to the Rainforest Network Manager
(liaising with international partners, partnership renewals, due diligence, reporting
• Monitor partnership enquiries received into the Cool Earth inbox and assign tasks to
the relevant people in the organisation.
• Work with the Digital Project Coordinator to ensure the stakeholders database is
maintained and updated to support and improve team-wide stakeholder
management and accountability.
• Track reporting and application requirements and timelines and assist with the
preparation of programme information for the communications and fundraising
• Desk-based research on specific topics (i.e., cash transfers, climate finance, indigenous
rights, evaluation methodologies).
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may need to be undertaken in this role. It
may be necessary to undertake other duties as and when required.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Confident administrator with a keen interest in environmental and development
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
• High level of IT competency and experience of using social media/digital
• Confident and diplomatic communicator, both on the telephone and in writing
• Ability to absorb new concepts and information quickly, and to act with initiative
• Ability to work flexibly, prioritise and complete tasks in a timely way
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow tasks through to completion
• Positive work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Ability to remain focused and calm under pressure
• Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian and environmental
principles of Cool Earth
• A demonstrable commitment to EDI (equality, diversity and inclusion)
• Understanding of General Data Protection Regulations
To apply, please visit the Cool Earth website: https://www.coolearth.org/work-with-us/
Applications close at midnight on Tuesday 16 August.
Apply for position