We are currently recruiting for a Head of Funding and Partnerships to support the development of fundable programming to secure financial resources, ensuring the sustainability of the organisation and maximum impact for our beneficiaries. You will be responsible for African Initiatives’ fundraising, establishing long-term partnerships with a mix of stakeholders to facilitate funding and, potentially, our communications strategy.
• Securing £200-250k of annual income, increasing in line with African Initiatives’ Strategic Plan, with a focus on growing the unrestricted component of this income.
• Working with Programmes Team and partners overseas to develop fundable programming and projects.
• Working with Finance Team to consider organisational financial stability in funding plans (e.g. to inform mix of unrestricted and restricted funding; full cost recovery programme budgets).
• Managing Fundraising (and ideally Communications) Team and budget (currently Trusts and Foundations Officer; and Fundraising and Communications Officer, with matrix management of a Finance & Programme Support Officer).
• Proactively contributing to decisions that are in the best interests of the organisation as a member of the Senior Management Team.
• Working with Trustees/support Fundraising Sub-Committee of the Board.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience in a fundraising leadership role, a proven ability to secure funding from both restricted and unrestricted sources, ideally having managed an income of £200-250,000, as well as grant management experience, and demonstrable experience of relationship building and partnership development within the charity sector.
The application deadline is Monday 19th November at 5pm. Please note that any late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Interviews will be held in our office in central Bristol week commencing Monday 26th November.
Apply for position