TREE AID, an international organisation specialising in forestry and natural resource management in the drylands of Africa, seeks a dynamic and results-driven finance professional with experience in charity finance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support transformational change for some of the world’s poorest people. TREE AID works in the drylands of Africa, using forestry and natural resource management to relieve poverty and protect the environment. We are unique in what we do and have great potential and are growing fast. Working within the Finance and Resources team, the Group Finance Manager’s objectives will be to:
• Provide the Board of Trustees, Senior Management and staff with reliable and timely consolidated financial information and analysis.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of financial systems, reports and procedures.
• Maintain and develop UK Finance and Human Resource systems, procedures and policies.
• Support the Finance & Resources Director to ensure that the UK charity meets all legal and statutory requirements.
• Provide ongoing Finance Support to the Ethiopia team.
• Ensure the continuing integrity of TREE AID’s UK financial records and internal controls.
You will have a professional accounting qualification and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance management, preferably with an overseas development organisation.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to work calmly under pressure to deliver outputs on-time and to a high quality.
Above all you will be inspired by TREE AID’s mission to alleviate poverty sustainably whilst improving the environment, you will be committed to empowering families in some of the world's poorest countries to thrive, rather than just survive.
We have ambitious plans for the future. Help us to realise them.
Apply for position