Base: The applicant could be based in UP’s International Office in Cardiff, UK, or from home elsewhere in the UK. The applicant could also be homebased globally, or work from one of UP’s offices globally (regular visits to Cardiff office will be essential). The advertised salary is the UK based salary. Significant international travel required (estimated up to 25% of time).
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract (2 years)
United Purpose is a movement of people and organisations that strive to end poverty and inequality across the globe. We are a leader in community-led development and grassroots innovation and for over 40 years we have worked with frontline activists, community organisations and individuals to support people to gain control over their own lives.
- Salary of up to £60,000 per annum DOE
- Pension (6% contribution)
- 25 days’ holiday plus three day Christmas shutdown
- Support the success of a forward-thinking charity
If you have a background in delivering WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) projects or programmes, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a positive impact on a global scale.
Using your unique skill set, you will have the chance to create real change, educating and advising others on how to build a safer, more sustainable world.
So, if you want a rewarding career with a charity whose vision is a world where justice, dignity and respect prevail for all, we want to hear from you.
As a Global Advisor, you will design and develop a global Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) strategy.
Offering technical expertise and advice both internally and externally, you will raise our profile within the WASH space.
Reporting to the Global Director of External Affairs, your role will involve:
- Working closely with our Fundraising Team and Implementation Teams
- Leading in the communication of a global WASH strategy, as well as a monitoring and evaluation framework
- Developing networks and relationships with donors and stakeholders, both nationally and globally
- Identifying and securing funding for new WASH programmes
- Leading on the documentation of UP’s WASH work
- Providing technical guidance in the development of programmes for new WASH proposals
To join us as a Global Advisor, you will need:
- At least five years’ experience of working in developing countries for international or local civil society organisations
- Significant and relevant experience in the WASH sector including designing, implementing and supporting WASH projects and/or programmes
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of WASH programmes
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- A post-graduate qualification, or experience in a relevant development discipline
Ideally, you will have a working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese, but this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Water and Sanitation Advisor, Global Hygiene Advisor, Project Manager, WASH Project Manager, Wash Programme Manager, or Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Project Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 5th April 2020.
Apply for position