The individual will work to support SeeBeyondBorders’ fundraising activity to help generate increased income and raise awareness, working closely with the UK Country Manager.
This is a new role in the organisation created as a result of recent growth. The ideal candidate will have an interest in education and/or Cambodia and will have demonstrable experience in writing successful funding applications. The role is home-based, 16 hours per week, and therefore we are looking for a motivated, conscientious, self-starter who is able to apply him/herself to tasks without a team around them. Regular phone calls and at least one meeting per month with Country Manager will take place.
- Develop proposals and grant submissions for funding opportunities, including narratives and supporting documentation
- Research trusts and foundations in the UK and overseas and develop funding applications
- Work closely with UK Country Manager to identify potential corporate partners and draft compelling proposals
- Support fundraising processes, with particular emphasis on recording all activity (research, applications, email exchanges) on Salesforce
- Support the UK Country Manager in implementing the fundraising strategy
As the role develops, there is potential to become involved in a number of other areas, such as helping to organise fundraising events, working with the communications team to share successes and good news stories, and supporting the Country Manager in presentations to potential donors.
SeeBeyondBorders’ mission is to provide the best possible start in early grade education through access to quality teaching and learning at school. This will support us to achieve our vision: to empower a generation of Cambodian children through education.
SeeBeyondBorders is a UNESCO-award winning organisation that provides in-service professional development and training to teachers and mentors; implements mentoring programs; and develops professional communities of practice.
The core of our approach is focused on improving learning. It also includes improving school management, engaging community members in their children’s education and focusing government policy and interventions on teacher quality.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Apply for position