Role Title: Fundraising Assistant
Hours: Full time - Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Term of contract: Short term contact to 31 Aug 2019
Salary: £18,700 FTE per annum
Ethiopiaid is based in central Bath and generates income to fund partner organisations in Ethiopia, primarily in Addis Ababa and the surrounding area.
We support projects ranging from maternal health, FGM and women's rights, to education, disability and the elderly. It is our aim to see an Ethiopia without preventable poverty, in which every person enjoys the right to quality education, healthcare and a life of dignity.
Outline and Purpose of Role
This will be an opportunity to gain work experience in fundraising within the international development sector. This position is ideal for either a confident graduate or someone with office experience seeking to move into fundraising/international development with a demonstrable interest in either or both.
You must be highly organised, able to manage multiple projects and work under your own initiatives.
Main areas of responsibility:
• Answering the telephone and dealing with donor enquiries, card donations and post
• Manage the supporter inbox
• Supporting the Fundraising Manager and Officer with fundraising admin
• Supporting the Finance Officer with financial admin
• Ensure all donors are thanked
• Ensure all cancelled regular gifts are responded to
• Delivering excellent donor care at all times
• Support with data entry and updating Gift Aid information onto the Raisers Edge database
• Help proof read DM appeals and newsletters
• Leading on social media content and blogs
• Complete scanning of remaining gift aid forms
• Banking donations
Special Projects *
• 30th Anniversary activities and promotion
• Support Global Strategy development and set up of a global data hub
• Small grants programme
• Supporting the fundraising team with adhoc jobs and special projects when needed
• Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office, in particular word and excel
• Professional attitude
• Ability to seek new opportunities and think on your feet
• Ability to multi task
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Proven interpersonal skills
• Keen to learn and develop new skills
• Able to concentrate in a busy office environment
• Experience of, or an interest in, International Development
• Design skills
• Raiser’s Edge experience
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel you are the right person for this role.
Applications can be made by email to:
Application Deadline: Sunday 17th March
Interview Date: Wednesday 20th March
Start Date: Monday 26th March
Please note that interviews will be held at our office in central Bath. Due to the popularity of this position we unfortunately cannot provide feedback on your application.
This position is open to UK residents with the right to work.
Apply for position