To devise and manage effective and efficient administrative systems. To be the initial point of contact for donors and new media. To provide administrative support to the organisation including staff and the Board of Trustees. To participate in the planning of events and other activities where required. To oversee the use of volunteers and interns. To participate in fundraising.
- Be the initial point of contact for the organisation, dealing with general enquiries and referring incoming telephone calls and mail to the appropriate staff member.
- Ensure new staff are given appropriate documentation and that any paperwork needed is filed accurately.
- Source cost-effective and sustainable suppliers for Transform and liaise with suppliers on behalf of the organisation (couriers, printers, stationary, IT support, etc.).
- Take and circulate minutes of meetings and prepare papers where needed.
- Book relevant travel options and hotel accommodation for staff, volunteers and board members, taking into account cost, convenience and sustainability.
- Help monitor the office building and facilities.
- Maintain supply of refreshments and other consumables.
- Maximise efficiency of space and equipment.
- Ensuring all income received is banked as soon as possible and filed as appropriate.
- Oversee the recording of all financial transactions in a timely way and liaising with the bookkeeper and accountant where necessary.
- Maintain up to date and accessible filing of financial information.
- Claim Gift Aid annually.
- Provide financial information to colleagues as and when required.
- Monitor and ensure the quick payment of expenses for colleagues.
- Print CAF/Ecwid and any other reports needed for management accounts.
- To assist with budget preparation.
- Ensure charity commission and companies house details are up to date.
Events and information dissemination
- Administer the recruitment of staff and volunteers, taking part in interviews when required.
- Maintain the organisation’s personnel records, ensuring appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Act as the first point of contact for potential volunteers, advising them of potential contributions available and reporting to colleagues.
- Ensure volunteer agreements are being honoured, liaising with volunteers and colleagues.
- Seek to find volunteers to meet specific organisational needs.
- Organise intern programmes.
- Maintain a record of staff training.
- Oversee the effective and efficient use of the database and the implementation of data protection policies.
- Participate in the planning and carrying out of Transform public events.
- Be responsible for administering events including booking rooms, organising catering, ensuring displays and publications are delivered and the circulation of invitations.
- Assist with the distribution of publications / information packs – ensuring publications are sent to relevant events, conferences etc.
- Assist team with maintaining relationship with donors via email, phone, letters, and the newsletter.
- Monitor donations to maximise money-generating capacity of website.
- Research potential grants as appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of funding bids.
- Prepare equipment for external fundraising efforts as required.
- Actively participate as a member of the staff team.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings.
- Work in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Be responsible for your own and colleagues health and safety and to work in accordance with Transform’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Adhere to other relevant policies and carry out duties in accordance with Transform’s mission.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Apply for position